#SEARCHUNDEROCCUPY: Call For Entries (Beginning March 15th)
To complement the #SEARCHUNDEROCCUPY exhibit featured at the Aronson Gallery from March 1 to April 1, 2012, The New School is launching an online living archive of creative and critical responses to the Occupy Wall Street (OWS) movement, contributed regularly by members of the university’s community.
This living archive seeks to extend the conversation around OWS beyond the physical exhibit in time and space and draw in the larger audience touched by the Occupy movement. The online archive is a platform to provide context for The New School’s interactions with this movement — past, present and future — and we hope that it will remain a critical public resource.
The selection committee encourages submissions that may include (but are not limited to) mediums such as: photography, video, sculpture, installation, performance, interactive and written work.
4 STEPS TO SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
- Entries must be submitted by members of The New School community.
- Include your name, dept/division, university ID #, email address and phone number.
- Include a title, short description of the project, and specify the nature of media used.
- Entries are considered on a rolling basis – reviewed and published online on a weekly basis.
- Authors must submit works under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license which allows derivative works to be remixed and distributed with attribution.
- All material submitted must be original. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission from copyright holders for reproducing previously published material in excess of excerpts as provided for under standard fair use exceptions.
- Do not submit defamatory, or in any way unlawful materials. Site administrators reserve the right to reject submissions based on the appropriateness of subjective content.
- Include a “featured Image” larger than (700x700px and not to exceed 1 MB) to appear across the site.
- Please provide links to video and/or audio entries.
- Video entries should either be available on Vimeo or Youtube, if necessary, the archive can accept (.mov) files or other standard formats. (Videos will be uploaded to the SearchOccupy Vimeo Account)
- Audio file (entries) should be avaiable on SoundCloud, if necessary, the archive can accept mp3s. (Audio will be uploaded to the SearchOccupy SoundCloud account)
- Performance entries may be documented and represented by photography or video.
- Object entries (such as sculpture or installation) should be documented by photography.
- Submitted Photos should either be (.jpg or .png) and may be no larger than (1200×1200 px.) If necessary, the archive can link to an entrants Flickr account.